CBD and honey are a combination not many would expect, yet they’re somehow a perfect match. In this article, we’ll talk about why CBD honey is so popular among those in the community and get to the bottom of the craze. Shall we dive right in?
Why combine CBD with honey, anyway?
There are two main reasons you may want to start infusing your honey with CBD, which we’ll go over briefly here.
The first is that honey is a healthier sugar alternative. Honey contains less fructose than regular sugar, meaning means that it won’t spike your blood sugar levels as quickly. In other words, honey is a better sweetener when you’re looking to add more flavor to recipes while minimizing the risk of a sugar crash. You won’t be able to effectively add CBD to sugar, so honey is the all-around better option.
The second reason is that honey has a pretty intense flavor. This makes it easily mask the flavor of CBD in case you don’t like it. If you are one of the many people who do in fact like the taste of CBD, then feel free to simply use more of it.
Important note on honey and CBD
Now, let’s talk about the consistency of honey and how that relates to your CBD product of choice. Honey is naturally water-soluble, which means it will easily dissolve in water. When it is mixed with oils, however, it tends to pull away and cause the mixture to split.
This is why you ideally should use a CBD product that is also water-soluble. If you use an oil-based CBD product, then the end product might not be as potent since the CBD won’t be fully incorporated. CBD tinctures and powders are generally known as the best options for CBD-infused honey.
Recipe: CBD-infused honey
Now that you know why you should give CBD honey a try, let’s move on to the actual recipe. This one is very easy and straightforward, but you will need a few tools for the job.
- 24 ounces of pure honey
- 500 mg of CBD isolate powder
- 3 cups of water
- Weighing scale in milligrams
- Double-boiler and stove
- Clean glass jar
- Start off by measuring the appropriate amount of CBD powder you need with a scale.
- Combine the honey and CBD powder in the top portion of your double-boiler and fill the bottom portion with water. Place the double-boiler on low heat.
- Mix the honey and CBD well while gently heating the mixture to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s best to use your thermometer during this step to check that you don’t overheat the mixture.
- Once the temperature reaches the desired level, turn off the heat and let the mixture sit for a minute.
- Transfer the contents to a clean jar and store at room temperature.
- You may also use CBD tincture in place of powder. Just be sure to measure out the amount of liquid that is equivalent to 500 mg of CBD.
- Some CBD may settle to the bottom of the jar during storage. Remember to give it a good shake before using the honey mixture.
We hope you give this recipe a try! It’s easy to make and can be a delicious way of incorporating CBD into your daily diet.
If you’re looking for CBD isolate, get in touch with us to see how we can help.