What is more comforting than a freshly made cup of hot chocolate? One that is infused with CBD, of course! There’s a bit of magic to be found in the union of decadently rich chocolate and the unique characteristics of CBD, and the combination makes for nothing short of pure joy contained in a cup.
In this post, we will give you what we believe is a recipe to back up those bold claims. If you are curious to learn more, read on!
Important note on consuming CBD
Since you’ll be consuming the CBD in this recipe, it’s important to note that the effects won’t kick in until a some time has passed. Unlike other means of taking CBD, passing it through your digestive tract means that you’ll have to wait longer to feel the effects. On the flip side, ingesting CBD this way can also mean that it will stay longer in your system, so you might experience its relief for longer periods.
The recipe: CBD hot chocolate
With that out of the way, let’s get to the real reason we are all here—the recipe! Note that since this is a recipe for fresh hot chocolate, we’ll be using real chocolate rather than the powdered kind. Make sure you use a brand you like so that the end results leave your taste buds dancing!
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of organic sugar
- 1 cup of chopped bittersweet chocolate, or chocolate chips
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 serving of CBD oil
- Pour the milk and sugar into a small saucepan and heat over a low-medium temperature.
- As the milk mixture is heating, place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler, or a glass bowl sitting on a pot with lightly boiling water. Stir the chocolate often until the chocolate is fully melted.
- When the milk starts to steam and you see bubbles form along the edges, turn off the heat, and pour in the melted chocolate. PRO TIP: Be careful not to allow the milk to boil as this can cause clumps to form.
- Add a pinch of salt to the mixture and use a whisk to incorporate the ingredients together fully.
- Once ready, pour the contents of the saucepan into a cup or mug, add your CBD oil, and enjoy!
- You can add other ingredients, like putting marshmallows and whipped cream on top, to make this recipe even more indulgent.
- Try using mint chocolate chips instead of plain chocolate for a unique twist to this tasty traditional beverage.
- If you have a thermometer, consider using one to ensure that the temperature of the milk doesn’t exceed 180 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure a smooth consistency and can help keep your CBD at maximum potency.
This is the only CBD hot chocolate recipe you need, but don’t just take our word for it. Try it out yourself, and don’t be afraid to alter it to your preferences. If you aren’t a fan of refined sugar, swap it out for another sweetener such as honey or monk fruit. If you do choose to use a CBD honey, keep in mind the total amount of CBD being consumed. Use less CBD oil to return to your optimum serving size, if that is of concern.
Regardless, making little tweaks to the recipe is one of the things that make cooking so fun! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
If you’re looking for CBD Oils to use in your cooking recipes, get in touch with us to see how we can help.