- CBD Capsules|
- CBD Dabs And Waxes|
- CBD Drops - Tinctures|
- CBD Edibles|
- CBD For Pets|
- CBD Hemp Oil|
- CBD Lotions - Patches|
- CBD Oil Extract - Tubes|
- CBD Vape Oil|
- CBG Capsules|
- CBN Capsules|
- CBN Dabs|
- CBN Drops|
- CBN Vapes|
- Delta 8 Capsules|
- Delta 8 Drops|
- Delta 8 Edibles|
- Delta 8 Flower|
- Delta 8 Gummies|
- Delta 8 Terpenes|
- Delta 8 Topicals|
- Delta 8 Vapes|
- Delta 9 Drops|
- Delta 9 Gummies|
- Delta 10 Terpenes|
- Delta 10 Vapes|
- Grow Your Own|
- Hemp Flower|
- HHC Gummies|
- HHC Vapes|
- Super Foods|
- THC Free|
- Water Soluble
Gravy is a quintessential component of a Thanksgiving spread. It’s a savory sauce made from the drippings of roasted turkey, which are collected after the bird has been cooked. Here’s an overview of its role in a Thanksgiving meal:
1. Flavor Enhancer: Turkey gravy is rich in flavor and enhances the taste of not only the turkey but also other side dishes such as mashed potatoes, stuffing, and rolls.
2. Moisture: It adds moisture to the turkey meat, which can sometimes become dry during roasting or after slicing.
3. Unifier: Gravy acts as a unifying element on the plate, tying together diverse flavors from various dishes.
1. Drippings Collection: After roasting the turkey, the juices that have accumulated at the bottom of the roasting pan are used as the base for gravy.
2. Roux Creation: A roux (a mixture of fat and flour) is often prepared as a thickening agent for gravy.
3. Seasoning: The roux is then combined with turkey drippings and additional stock if needed; it’s seasoned with herbs like sage or thyme, salt, and pepper to taste.
1. Presentation: Gravy is typically served warm in a gravy boat or jug alongside other Thanksgiving dishes.
2. Accompaniment: Guests drizzle or spoon it over their slices of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and sometimes even vegetables.
– Some cooks may add ingredients like white wine or brandy for depth of flavor.
– There might be variations that include mushrooms or onions for added texture and taste.
– Gluten-free versions can be made using cornstarch instead of traditional flour.
A Thanksgiving Wish for Peace and CBD – A Short Story
As the leaves turned golden and the air grew crisp, I found myself in the throes of preparing for our annual family Thanksgiving dinner. It’s a tradition that fills me with both warmth and a creeping sense of dread. You see, my family is as colorful as an autumn forest, but when we gather around the table, conversations often veer into stressful territories like politics and personal matters.
This year was no exception. As I basted the turkey and set out heirloom china, I could already hear the distant echoes of past debates that ended with raised voices instead of raised glasses. My Aunt Linda has strong opinions on every headline; Uncle Bob never misses an opportunity to critique millennial work ethics; meanwhile, my cousin Sarah invariably shares too much about her personal life.
The doorbell rang – it was showtime. One by one, they arrived with dishes in hand and opinions at the ready. The evening began pleasantly enough with laughter over childhood memories and clinking glasses to health and happiness. But as more wine flowed, so did tensions rise.
Discussions took sharp turns into sensitive topics: elections results analysis here, unsolicited career advice there – even my cranberry sauce recipe wasn’t immune from criticism! The room’s energy shifted palpably from festive to fraught.
I glanced around at furrowed brows and animated gestures juxtaposed against a backdrop of festive decor. That’s when it struck me: what if there were a way to infuse some calm into this gathering? Imagine if alongside our pumpkin pie spice lattes we could serve something soothing for the soul?
In that moment of wishful thinking, I envisioned a Thanksgiving where CBD was part of our feast – drops infused in gravy or perhaps blended into creamy mashed potatoes. A world where its calming presence would weave through our meal like a silent guest, easing anxiety without dampening spirits.
As plates were cleared away and relatives settled into food comas on various pieces of furniture throughout my home, I allowed myself to daydream about next year’s dinner—a potential scene painted with serene faces discussing current events with respect or sharing personal stories met with empathy rather than judgment.
I imagined closing out the evening feeling connected rather than drained; conversations winding down naturally instead of being cut short by discomfort or disagreement. With these thoughts lingering in my mind like the last notes of our goodbye hugs at the door, I made a mental note to explore how CBD might just become another tradition at our holiday table—my secret ingredient for peace among people who mean everything to me despite (or perhaps because of) their complexities.
CBD-Infused Gravy Recipe:
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup drippings from roasted turkey (if available)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 5-10 drops CBD oil (adjust to desired potency)
- Prepare the Roux:
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the flour and whisk continuously to create a smooth roux. Cook the roux for 2-3 minutes or until it becomes a light golden color.
- Add Drippings (if available):
- If you have drippings from your roasted turkey, add them to the roux. Whisk to combine and cook for an additional 2 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Gradually Add Broth:
- Gradually pour in the turkey or chicken broth, whisking continuously to avoid lumps. Continue whisking until the mixture thickens, usually about 5-7 minutes. If the gravy is too thick, you can add more broth to reach your desired consistency.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Keep in mind that the CBD oil will also contribute some flavor, so it’s better to start with less salt and adjust later.
- Incorporate CBD Oil:
- Just before serving, remove the saucepan from heat. Add 5-10 drops of CBD oil (adjust according to your preference and the strength of your CBD oil). Stir well to combine.
- Pour the CBD-infused gravy into a serving dish and serve it alongside your roasted turkey or other main dishes.
Remember to stir the CBD oil into the gravy just before serving to preserve its beneficial properties. This CBD-infused gravy adds a unique twist to your Thanksgiving feast and can be enjoyed by those looking for a relaxing touch to their meal.