Do you like the idea of taking your CBD with tea? Then you’ve come exactly to the right place! Here, we’ll leave you with three easy, CBD-infused tea recipes that you can make at home.
Tea is associated with comforting, relaxing feelings on a cold winter morning or a hot summer afternoon. Is there really any better beverage to take your CBD with? Some would say hot chocolate, while others prefer adult beverages.
Whether you’re a proponent of a hot mug of Earl Grey or an icy glass of Southern-style sweet tea, we’ve got you covered. Let’s get started!
Recipe 1: Traditional English tea
First up is a classic: good, old, traditional British-style tea. This one is for the purists who prefer to take their tea unfettered by excess ingredients. Serve this with a light sandwich or your favorite pastry and you’re good to go!
- 1 teabag of English tea
- 1 pot of boiling water
- 5 mg of CBD
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Heat your water to a rolling boil.
- Place the tea bag into your cup and then pour in the hot water. Let it steep for three to five minutes.
- Remove the tea bag from the cup and discard it.
- Add the CBD powder and milk, mix it well, and enjoy while the tea is still hot.
- Add sugar or honey to taste.
Recipe 2: Sweet lemon tea
If it’s too warm for a hot cuppa and you need to quench your thirst, opt for a cool glass of iced tea instead. The process of making this beverage isn’t too dissimilar to the first, but it does include a few additional steps at the end. However, it can be made in big batches and enjoyed with friends or stored for later! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 12 tea bags of any variety
- 1 gallon of freshwater
- 1 cup of sugar
- 60 mg of CBD
- 1 whole lemon
- Plenty of ice
- Heat a fourth of the water (4 cups) in a large saucepan until it reaches a rolling boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and immediately emerge the tea bags while securing the strings over the edge of the saucepan.
- Let the tea steep for five minutes before discarding the tea bags.
- Add sugar and mix until fully dissolved.
- When the mixture is no longer boiling hot, add the remaining water and CBD powder, mixing thoroughly.
- Slice the lemon into circles and drop them into the tea mixture.
- Add enough ice to make the drink cold.
Recipe 3: Milk tea
The final recipe draws inspiration from the first two in that it combines the best parts of each one into a drink that’s both soothing and refreshing at the same time.
- 2 tea bags of black tea
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of powdered milk or creamer
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 5 mg of CBD
- Enough crushed ice to fill a glass
- Brew the tea by boiling the water and then steeping both tea bags for three to five minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, adding the powdered milk and sugar to the tea.
- Mix the ingredients until fully dissolved, then add the CBD and mix again thoroughly.
- Fill a tall glass with crushed ice and then pour in the tea milk tea.
- If you have cooked tapioca pearls (boba), add this to the glass before the ice. (Pro tip: Don’t want to cook tapioca pearls? Drop by your local boba place and ask them for double pearls, but separate the pearls from your drink! Not only will this leave you with enough boba for your CBD milk tea, but you’ll have another cup to enjoy later!)
Give these recipes a shot for a delicious way to take CBD any time of the day. Because these are mostly liquid, make sure you use products that are water-soluble—such as tinctures and isolate powders—for the best results!
If you’re looking for purchase CBD to use in your tea, get in touch with us to see how we can help.