Milk is great. It’s tasty and one of the healthiest foods you can take into your body. In fact, milk contains almost every single nutrient that our bodies need to survive. It’s no wonder why nearly every animal on earth feeds their young with it!
In this article, we’ll be taking full advantage of that fact, but we’ll be making a certain addition to the mix to bring milk to an entirely new level. We’re talking about cannabis, and in this recipe, we’ll be guiding you through the process of making your own cannabis-infused milk.
Important note on temperatures
Before we proceed, it’s first important to learn the effects that temperature will have on this recipe. There are two aspects to consider in this matter. First, the active components found in cannabis have to reach a specific temperature in order to activate and reach its full effects. At the same time, the temperature must also not go over beyond a certain point or else the same chemicals will start to lose their potency.
Second is that milk should never be allowed to boil over. If the temperature of the milk reaches above its boiling point and stays there for too long, it will cause the milk solids to break from the liquid, causing the mixture to curdle. This will lead to clumps that are not at all pleasant to consume.
Having said that, be careful not to overcook the milk when following this recipe. You may even equip yourself with a thermometer so that you can guarantee great results every time. In case you were wondering, a good temperature to aim for is 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Now, let’s get to the actual fun part. Here, we’ll guide you through five, simple steps to make cannabis-infused milk at home. This is an incredibly easy recipe that calls for just two ingredients, a few household tools, and a little bit of patience.
- 2 to 4 grams of decarboxylated cannabis
- 1 liter of whole milk (or milk alternative)
- Fine strainer or cheesecloth
- Grind the cannabis into a fine powder. This will give it more surface area which will allow it more effectively infuse the active chemicals into the milk.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan together with the cannabis and place it on top of a low-medium flame, ensuring that everything is mixed well.
- When the temperature of the mixture reaches 200 degrees Fahrenheit, set your timer to one hour and try to maintain the same levels of heat throughout this period.
- Once the timer is up, turn off the heat and allow the milk to cool.
- Pass the mixture through a strainer into a clean, airtight container and refrigerate it until you’re ready to drink up.
As you can see, making cannabis milk takes very little effort at all. The end result is delicious, nutritious, and can be used in a variety of different ways. Drink it straight as is, or add it to a bowl of cereal or a cup of coffee. You may even use it as an ingredient in more complex recipes. Whatever way you decide to consume it, we hope you try making this recipe yourself and enjoy it! If you’re looking for a specific type of CBD oil, get in touch with us today! We have an ever-growing variety of unique, high-quality CBD products.